Kennerly Architecture & Planning is an award-winning firm located in San Francisco at the edge of the Mission District. Our projects range from complex urban mixed-use buildings to rural structures set in delicate landscapes. Our team brings fresh thinking and creative energy to each project, and we are looking for talented people with diverse perspectives and experiences to join us in this endeavor.
We have an immediate opening for a design-oriented Project Architect with strong technical skills to join our team in San Francisco. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, and good-humored.
We provide competitive salaries and benefits which include health insurance with HSA, 401(k), commuter benefits, and a professional education stipend.
• 7-10 years professional architectural experience.
• Great designer including detailing without at-hand technical support.
• Fluent in Revit, ACAD, SketchUp, and Adobe Creative Suite.
• Experience with multi-family residential, including unit-planning.
• Experience with state and local building codes and accessibility requirements.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain high design standards through city entitlement/permitting processes, technical documentation, and construction administration.
• Strong knowledge of construction materials, technical research, systems and documentation at all project phases.
• License to practice architecture is ideal but not required.
• Accredited architectural degree (BArch or MArch).
• Fluent in English and effective communication with internal team as well as with clients, consultants, contractors, and vendors is required.
• Proactive attitude with excellent analytical, problem-solving and presentational skills is required.
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and work samples via email to email@example.com with attention to Sarina Kennerly. PDF format, 10 MB max.November 5, 2021
Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start writing!May 11, 2016
Inspiration: Travel. While studying in Paris, France, I was able to experience a particular favorite – the Maison de Verre by Pierre Chareau & Bernard Bijvoet. I see this as an architectural work expressing truth in material and internal adaptability that was years ahead of its time.
Hometown: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Education: BArch, California Polytechnic State University, San Luis ObispoApril 29, 2016
Inspiration: Chicago, where I grew up, with its rich history of modern architecture. And today, I draw inspiration from Oakland, with its cultural diversity, as well as travel to memorable sites such as the Basilica Cistern in Istanbul.
Hometown: Suburbs of Chicago
Education: BArch, University of Kentucky
Affiliations: AIA East Bay and SPURApril 25, 2016
Hometown: St. Helena, California
Education: BA and MArch, University of California, Berkeley
Affiliations: AIA, SPUR, SFHAC (SF Housing Action Coalition), and Build It GreenApril 25, 2016
Hometown: New York City
Education: BA, Northwestern University; MArch, University of California, Berkeley
Affiliations: AIA, SPUR, and SFHAC (SF Housing Action Coalition)April 11, 2016
Our design combines exuberance and rigor, modernism and urbanism. With each project, whether urban or rural, we consider the larger framework in which the building fits—the living context. That includes nearby structures as well as ecological, social, political, economic, and regulatory layers.
Our clients appreciate that our designs not only have flair, but also arise from a deep understanding of the finer points of building codes. We see all spaces in the urban environment as linked to each other, ripe for activation and capable of serving a variety of purposes.
We believe in tying together big-picture thinking with small-scale finesse.